Nutrition is essential especially for those who require the nutrients needed to better cope with cancer treatment.
Eating the right kind of food before, during and after treatment can help a child feel better and stay stronger. A good diet during cancer treatment can help:
– Better tolerate treatment and related side effects.
– Stick better to the treatment schedule.
– Recover more quickly and have less risk of infection during treatment.
– Have more strength and energy.
– Maintain your weight and allow your body to store nutrients
– Provide better capacity for normal growth and development